The Ginger Man offers a Lunch and Dinner Menu, with elevated traditional dishes, and “new school” selections alike. We take pride in sourcing our ingredients locally from farms in the Albany area, and embrace the “farm to table” philosophy by purchasing our seafood and meat whole, and butchering and preparing choice cuts in-house. Additionally, we offer Gluten Free options, as well as vegetarian alternatives. We also understand food allergies, and our staff will listen to your requests and create special variations to accommodate your needs.
New Dishes Daily
We like to showcase our creativity at The Ginger Man by offering daily specials. We invite you to look at the new dishes, along with our everyday menu items by following us on Instagram, and using the hashtags #albanygingermanmenu and #albanygingerman. We guarantee there is something for everyone – and a wine selection to match – at The Ginger Man.
Our lunch menu spans the light and whimsical to the bold and hearty, with selections including:
- Ginger Man Chicken Salad – Our Ginger Man classic with chopped walnuts, red grapes, celery, onion, and mayo. Topped with lettuce, tomato, and served on a toasted brioche bun
- Ginger Man Paella (Gluten Free) – Jumbo shrimp, mussels, calamari, chorizo, and saffron-infused rice with spicy soffrito
- Shrimp and Grits – Bourbon caramelized cajun shrimp, cheesy grits, braised napa and bacon lardon warm slaw.
- Fig Salad (Gluten Free) – Arugula tossed in fig balsamic vinaigrette with peach, fig, Great Hill Bleu cheese and toasted pistachios.
- Warm Goat Cheese Salad (Gluten Free) – Mixed greens tossed in lime and toasted peppercorn vinaigrette with fresh berries, mandarin supremes, candied ginger pecans and a panko encrusted fried goat cheese ball.
From appetizers to salads and main courses, The Ginger Man offers our guests a wide variety of great cuisine, as well as the best wine pairings. Here are a few of our favorites:
- Cheese & Charcuterie Plate – We invite you to choose any 3 of our locally curated artisanal and cheese selections, served with grilled garlic bread, fresh fruit, and bacon jam. Gluten free options are available.
- Short Rib Burger – Fennel pollen encrusted, grilled and topped with bacon jam, Four Fat Fowl Triple Creme, truffled mushrooms, and crispy fried onions
- Lamb Meatloaf – Stuffed with white beans, feta, spinach, mushroom and fennel. Served with leek mashed potatoes with grilled asparagus. Topped with madeira mushroom reduction.
- Lobster Mac and Cheese – Knuckle and claw lobster meat with cavatappi pasta and fresh herbs, baked in a four-cheese cream sauce
- Oysters – Served with Chef’s choice of accompaniment.
- Pork Loin Chop (Gluten Free) – Balsamic glazed 10oz boneless pork loin chop with warm pancetta and Great Hill Bleu cheese potato salad, fennel arugula slaw and finished with peach-balsamic onion-pickled red onion salsa.
Food for All Seasons
The Ginger Man offers the best wine selection for any time of the year, our lunch and dinner menus change to offer the best of each season. We offer the freshest seafood available during all months, as well as locally curated artisanal meats and cheeses from the best farms in Upstate NY. If you would like to know our seasonal picks, drop by The Ginger Man, or check out our Instagram account (albanygingerman) for pictures of our mouth-watering daily specials.